On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 3:34 PM Aaron Meurer <asmeu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. My biggest question has been how we can do it in the cloud.
> Most CI services run multiple concurrent jobs on the same machine,
> making the performance inconsistent. Does drone.io let you have a
> dedicated machine?

Drone.io has a shared cloud offering which we don't want. As you mentioned
we can buy a cheap dedicated machine and install drone on it for free.

Drone might support dedicated machines on the cloud, but I'm not sure.
Travis-CI supports dedicated machines, but we looked at this for
conda-forge and they were quite expensive.

> If we can't do it in the cloud, another alternative would be to buy a
> cheap dedicated machine that we can provision ourselves. We have funds
> in our NumFOCUS account to do either of these, so the question is
> which will be easier for us to set up and maintain. What do the sumpy
> benchmarks run on?

It's a dedicated machine somewhere in the university running a gitlab
runner service. Not a cloud machine.

Isuru

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CA%2B01voNzw3ZzZnan-%3DPMeYtGHD7zJ6O9UDrCdPsBMgMCYCi34A%40mail.gmail.com.