Neural nets are trained for a particular statistical distribution of
inputs and in the paper they describe their method for generating a
particular ensemble of possibilities. There might be something
inherent about the examples they give that means they are all solved
using a particular approach. From their description I could imagine
writing a pattern-matching integrator that would explicitly try to
reverse the way the examples are generated.

Perhaps the examples from e.g. the SymPy test suite would in some ways
represent a more "natural" distribution since they are written by
humans and show the kinds of problems that humans wanted to solve. It
would be interesting to see how the accuracy of the net looks on that
distribution of inputs (although any comparison with SymPy on that
data would be unfair).

Oscar