Also, if anyone is curious what prompted this question, I do now have a
nice example running in the pydy docs for this problem:

https://pydy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples/carvallo-whipple.html

There are still some things that are incorrect in the derivation (the
warning boxes) but the simulation and animation run. The sympy expressions
for this problem are quite large and it is tricky to get correct.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791