Peter,

You should be able to provide the inertia (I, P) about a point P other than
the mass center of the rigid body. So in your code "mass center" does not
have to equal "P". But, I never really do that so it could be that the
underlying code doesn't apply the parallel axis theorem correctly. It isn't
a feature that is likely used much, if at all. If you have an example that
shows it doesn't work, then providing that on the SymPy issue tracker would
be helpful so we can find and fix the bug.

Jason
moorepants.info
+01 530-601-9791