From: Ohly, Patrick
Sent: 2009年6月24日 17:22
To: Yu, Zhiqiang
Cc: Chen, Congwu; syncevolution@moblin.org
Subject: RE: [SyncEvolution] suspend/resume support

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 05:17 +0100, Yu, Zhiqiang wrote:
> So, and if we always redirect the user abort command to the message
> level handling point, instead of any arbitrary point of the sync
> processing, the code logic might become simper and more robust?

Yes; my previous "abort allowed at any time" stance should indeed be
replaced with a more selective one. However, only checking for aborts at
message send and receive events alone is not enough. The most important
situation where an abort is useful is one where the server neither
replies nor terminates the connection.

In that case the client is idling in the libsoup event loop. Requesting
an abort should return from the loop handling, then ask the Synthesis
engine to abort without waiting for the servers reply. This is not
currently possible with the "checkAbort()" method, but it would be
possible to implement.

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly
Senior Software Engineer

Intel GmbH
Software & Solutions Group
Hermuelheimer Strasse 8a                  Phone: +49-2232-2090-30
50321 Bruehl                              Fax: +49-2232-2090-29
Germany