On Sat, 2016-10-01 at 18:00 +0100, Graham Cobb wrote:
> On 29/09/16 13:45, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > Before I tag and release this as 1.5.2, it would be great to get some
> > feedback that this release doesn't cause regressions. In particular,
> > syncing with phones over Bluetooth needs some testing because there has
> > been one change that I couldn't fully test myself (only seems to make a
> > difference with some phones).
>
> I have just tried to run a quick check that sync with Exchange
> Activesync is working.  It isn't (activesyncd is exiting due to a
> "Trace/breakpoint trap").

Indeed, I should have mentioned activesync as something which needs
manual testing :-/ I no longer have an Exchange server to test against,
so all I do at the moment is to build activesyncd and the backend.

I probably should bite the bullet and pay for one of the hosted Exchange
services.

> Meanwhile I would like to know what the dbus-launch changes mean for
> running on headless systems (no X11).  I previously used a version of
> dbus-session.sh from you.  I still seem to need it.  Is that the
> expected behaviour?

The script is still around, and you will still need it on old systems.
Some more modern distros may set up a user session bus even for headless
logins. On those you won't need the script, or D-Bus may be recent
enough to have dbus-run-session, which is a better alternative to
dbus-session.sh.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.