On Tue, 11 Jan 2022, Patrick Ohly wrote:

Max Pyziur <p...@brama.com> writes:

On Tue, 11 Jan 2022, Patrick Ohly wrote:

Max Pyziur <p...@brama.com> writes:
I have replicated it below (earlier email), and have tried syncing via
SyncEvolution with KeepContacts. However, no KeepContacts connection is
made with SyncEvolution.

What error do you get? Do you have
https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server as your syncURL?

I'm using the GUI; the error message that comes back is:
"We were unable to connect to the server. The problem could be temporary
or there could be something wrong with the settings."

Are there log files that I can review somewhere?

Yes, under ~/.cache/syncevolution.

Or alternatively, is there a CLI command that I can issue, and, in that
way, capture whatever error messages (the one above, and hopefully more
informative ones) are generated?

What is your configuration called? If it is "keepcontacts", then you can
sync with:

syncevolution --run keepcontacts

Here is the output from running the above command:
pyz@pegasus ~/.cache/syncevolution/keepcontacts-2022-01-11-11-21> syncevolution --run keepcontacts
[INFO] calendar: inactive
[INFO] memo: inactive
[INFO] todo: inactive
[INFO] SoupTransport Failure: https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server via libsoup: Conflict
[INFO] resend previous message, retry #1
[INFO] SoupTransport Failure: https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server via libsoup: Conflict
[INFO] resend previous message, retry #2
[INFO] SoupTransport Failure: https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server via libsoup: Conflict
[INFO] Transport giving up after 2 retries and 4:00min
[ERROR] transport problem: transport failed, retry period exceeded
[INFO] addressbook: inactive
[ERROR] addressbook: aborted on behalf of user (local, status 20017)
[INFO] creating complete data backup after sync (enabled with dumpData and needed for printChanges)

Synchronization failed, see /home/pyz/.cache/syncevolution/keepcontacts-2022-01-11-12-20/syncevolution-log.html for details.

Changes applied during synchronization:
+---------------|-----------------------|-----------------------|-CON-+
|               |         LOCAL         |        REMOTE         | FLI |
|        Source | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | NEW | MOD | DEL | ERR | CTS |
+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
|   addressbook |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |  0  |
|   aborted on behalf of user (local, status 20017)                   |
+---------------+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+
|          start Tue Jan 11 12:20:43 2022, duration 4:02min           |
|          external transport failure (local, status 20043)           |
First ERROR encountered: transport problem: transport failed, retry period exceeded

If unsure what the configuration is called, use:

syncevolution --print-configs

You can check the syncURL with:

syncevolution --print-config keepcontacts | grep ^syncURL

The output of this command:
syncURL = https://www.keepcontacts.com/sync/server

Thank you for your help here,