At 09.16 a 24-10-04, you wrote:
> >
> > Is this just a coincidence, or does the RSS format/convention say
>that
> > the site url is supposed to change?
>
>Our rationale behind not updating these things 'rapidly' is they're
>not generally something that changes.  That and experience at the
>time we made this decision showed sites that were changing it
>frequently were generalyl doing so just to jockey for position in
>search engines and the like.
>
>While they're more than welcome to screw around with games like that
>we didn't feel we wanted to play along with the idea.  It's perhaps
>better to build a reputation based on long-term delivery of
>interesting content instead of jumping around in indexes.
>
>So that's why some of it doesn't 'automagically' update on the s8
>info pages.  Why other services have a problem with it is anyone's
>guess.  You'd have to ask them, but if you get an answer let us know.
>
>-Bill Kearney
>Syndic8.com

It might be nice to have it check to see if thing like the image link have 
changed - perhaps once a month (or less often depending on how much load it 
causes). The reason I mention it is that a feed that I maintain (#156562) 
changed its image shortly after I submitted it (because the validator was 
complaining that the image I had used was too wide :-)

By having it only once a month, I doubt the SEO folks will be that interested.

Peace,
David Cheney 



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to