This is how I review:

1) check if there are any notes. 
2) if there are notes: have the problems been solved? if not solved 
goto next approvable feed (or if necessary put status on 'awaiting 
repair')
3) check headlines
4) if it's not in English, check language tag: no tag or incorrect? 
put in a note, set status 'awaiting repair' and goto next approvable 
feed
5) if headlines are completely bogus (like TEST TEST TEST) put in a 
note and goto next approvable feed. (Maybe reject, I really don't 
know)
6) validate the feed
7) if it's not valid, status 'awaiting repair' and put in a note with 
the errors the validator returns. Goto next approvable feed.
8) check statistics: 'availability' and 'new headlines per day' (pay 
no attention to 'Average Headlines Per Day', this number usually 
isn't correct)
9) bad availability? put in a note and goto next approvable feed
10) not enough new headlines? (completely arbitrary) put in a note  
goto next approvable feed
11) availability good and regularly new headlines? APPROVE

Hmmm, this looks like a lot of work but it really isn't. ;-) I think 
the notes are important because it can save a lot of time for others 
and, eventually, yourself. 

ps:(Excuse my English, it's not my native language)

Wout
 

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Mark T." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> Hi, All.
> 
> I've read the Reviewer's Guide, the Howto and messages on this list 
for 
> a few weeks, and I'm ready to pitch in, but I need a jump start as 
a 
> Reviewer. 
> 
> What am I inspecting the Statistics and Headlines for?  What am I 
> looking for?  What's good and what's bad?
> If a validation site like validator.com validates the feed, is it 
> considered valid?
> Is there another document on Syndic8.com I should read?
> 
> -- 
> /Regards,/
> *Mark Turnauckas*
> Cutting Edge Of Ecstasy
> MTPix.com/Edge <http://mtpix.com/edge> <http://mtpix.com/edge>





------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/IRislB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE: 
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/join
(here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit http://www.syndic8.com/ 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to