Thanks Konstantin. Your backing helps a lot.

I've finally figured out how to emulate the STRAIGHT blend method
operation in Cairo.
It is an important milestone because I'm confident on being able to
emulate the Synfig's
blend methods that aren't directly supported by Cairo just using a
combination of Cairo's operators.
This means that the performance when blending can have the full
benefit of use Cairo native API.
It is possible that some of the Synfig's blend methods gets difficult
to emulate or impossible but
I hope they would be the less used.

Cheers!

2012/9/29 Konstantin Dmitriev <ksee.zelga...@gmail.com>:
> 2012/9/29 Carlos López González <genet...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi!
>> I've added Cairo support for Shade and Bevel layers.
>> Again the results are very similar but slightly slower. These kind of layers
>> that manipulate pixels directly doesn't seem to improve much using Cairo
>> colors. In fact they loose time doing some unwanted operations (due
>> premultiplied and due to need to convert alpha to a 0-1 range) that doesn't
>> compensate the supposed speed increase for handling unsigned char in memory.
>>
>> I've seen that there are room for some improvements in the Paste Canvas
>> layer because in Cairo I didn't clip the Paste Canvas's canvas's context
>> because I didn't understand what was doing the Software. Now that I know
>> more about Cairo and that I understand what does Paste Canvas do, I could
>> try to use clip in Cairo render and so the things should improve the speed
>> for all the encapsulated layers that have defined boundaries.
>
> Hi, Carlos!
> It's awesom to see such a progress.
> >From some moment this week I've got a strong feeling that  the
> finished cairo implementation is somewhere near, on the horizon. That
> is awesome. Of course, there's still a lot of work, I understand. But
> it will be such a significant step even if we will not gain desired
> speed increase!
> Please keep your hard work!
> Thank you!
> K.