Kevin,

Do we need to keep rule update files back to 2007? It seems like having only the past year or even few months is all that we need. Technically, the only ones that need to be in the updates directory are ones that are pointed to by the [reverse version].updates.spamassassin.org TXT DNS records.

root@sa-vm1:/var/www/bbmass.spamassassin.org/updates# ll *.tar* | wc -l
4347

It's not a bid deal to leave things as they are but it doesn't make sense to keep them around in the SA mirrors if they are never going to be used by sa-update.

We would need to keep:

752902.tar.gz* for 3.1.*
895075.tar.gz* for 3.2.*
1786853.tar.gz* for 3.3.3 and greater

I would like to move all other versions of files to an archive subdirectory that is excluded in the rsyncd.conf that are older than 1 month if that is OK with everyone else. This could become important if we start building new rules more than once a day.

--
Dave Jones