Hi,

I would like to second Anton's view on MSGID and SD-ID position.

In my implementation, APP-NAME, MSGID and Severity (part of PRI) are
used to uniquely identify a message.  With those 3 fields, we can have
very good sense on the nature of the event notification at the receiver
side. Even the message could have been truncated; we can use those
fields to look up what could have been included in the message body. So,
it's OK to live with possibility that some part of the message can be
truncated.   The SD section is used to carries other useful and possible
some critical information which may not be directly related to the MSG
itself. By keeping it where it is, i.e. before MSG (which tends to be
long), will make it less likely to be truncated.

Thanks,

Steve