Hi,

> Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> >
> > 1. I do not believe that it is necessary to carry all the
duplicated
> > text in the MIB module as commented text, as it does not provide
any
> > significant implementation information.
> I will agree with this.
> Are there any other opinions / suggestions on this issue ? >
Syslog-WG

I believe the normative nature of the labels and values, and the
non-normative nature of the mappings to applications, is important
information for implementation and interpretation. If the MIB module
is separated from the document, we want to make sure this information
stays with the MIB module.

Therefeore, I would keep the text about the normative nature of the
labels and values in the MIB module and remove the duplicate text from
the surrounding document, if you are going to remove one of the
duplicates.

David Harrington
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]