On 04/10/2013 05:03 PM, Koen Kooi wrote:
Hi,

I have a bit of a heisenbug where dropbear.socket will just die and needs a
systemctl restart dropbear.socket. I can't tell why it's dying, just that it
does within 3 days of uptime. After restarting it it seems to be rock solid
again for at least some weeks.

The real way to fix this is to find out why it dies, but till someone figures
that out I'm looking to a way to automatically restart the socket when it
fails, kinda like Restart=Always for services. Is such a thing possible? This
is with 195 and 196, haven't tried 201 yet.

When tackling things like this it's properly better to use timer unit that checks it periodically if the service responds ( some times they are up but in weird state ) and restarts it if it fails

JBG