Hey Dimitri,

Dimitri John Ledkov [2015-05-13 12:48 +0100]:
> Yet, dev-root.device is dead:
> # systemctl status dev-root.device
> ● dev-root.device
>    Loaded: loaded
>    Active: inactive (dead)
>
> This is very bad. As a harmless action like following:
>
> # mount --bind /opt /opt
>
> Results in opt.mount unit to be generated which BindsTo
> dev-root.device, which is inactive, thus systemd tries to stop that
> unit straight away, and umount fails and is retried infinitely...
> effectively DoSing init.

For the record, I got a similar bug report a while ago:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/systemd/+bug/1444402
This is reproducible in a container with udev running, see the small
reproducer in the bug trail.

This is on my plate to investigate/fix, I just got interrupted by a
couple of security issues, so not this week.

Martin