Heya,

On 13 May 2015 at 12:53, Martin Pitt <martin.p...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hey Dimitri,
>
> Dimitri John Ledkov [2015-05-13 12:48 +0100]:
>> Yet, dev-root.device is dead:
>> # systemctl status dev-root.device
>> ● dev-root.device
>>    Loaded: loaded
>>    Active: inactive (dead)
>>
>> This is very bad. As a harmless action like following:
>>
>> # mount --bind /opt /opt
>>
>> Results in opt.mount unit to be generated which BindsTo
>> dev-root.device, which is inactive, thus systemd tries to stop that
>> unit straight away, and umount fails and is retried infinitely...
>> effectively DoSing init.
>
> For the record, I got a similar bug report a while ago:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/systemd/+bug/1444402
> This is reproducible in a container with udev running, see the small
> reproducer in the bug trail.
>
> This is on my plate to investigate/fix, I just got interrupted by a
> couple of security issues, so not this week.

Yes, quite.

So this affects / affected rocket, dracut, ostree, rkt and any other
similar containers / VMs.

Colin, has this been addressed and fixed at all? Or was this
workaround with "don't do this".

My current "plug" is to exclude umount har har.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.
Pura Vida!

https://clearlinux.org
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Ltd. - Co. Reg. #1134945 - Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ.