Hello,

we are observing a weird  behavior with systemd 211.

The issue:

-        After the startup is finished (multi-user.target is reached), one
single job (typ: start, unit: service) remains in the job queue in state waiting

o   There seems not to be any unmet dependency

o   There are no units in state failed

o   The job is listed when calling systemctl list-jobs

-        The issue is seen sporadically, not on every startup

-        The startup is a mixture of

o   Units coming up as part of the dependency tree ending up in
multi-user.target

o   And units started by a component using systemctl start

§  The started units might have a tree of depending units as well

§  The sub trees of several of such unit are not necessarily disjoint

What I'm doing currently:

-        The issue is hard to reproduce.

-        That's why I'm trying to find out in which cases it is possible at all
that a job in state waiting can remain in the job list

-        With a hypothesis, I can instrument systemd and try to reproduce it
again

How you can help me:

-        Maybe someone already knows such an issue. Maybe it has already been
solved. Respective hints would be great.

-        Some of you have probably a better knowledge about how transactions
and the job scheduling are working in systemd. Maybe such a person could
already point me to the cases that could happen to see finally such a result.

Thx in advance!

Best regards

Marko Hoyer
Advanced Driver Information Technology GmbH
Software Group II (ADITG/SW2)
Robert-Bosch-Str. 200
31139 Hildesheim
Germany
Tel. +49 5121 49 6948
Fax +49 5121 49 6999
mho...@de.adit-jv.com
ADIT is a joint venture company of Robert Bosch GmbH/Robert Bosch Car
Multimedia GmbH and DENSO Corporation
Sitz: Hildesheim, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hildesheim HRB 3438
Geschäftsführung: Wilhelm Grabow, Ken Yaguchi