coredumpd has definitely become one of my favorite systemd components since it makes debugging segfaults far easier than otherwise. However, for various reasons, I prefer using LLDB to GDB. Unfortunately, coredumpctl's gdb command is hardcoded to run, well, GDB.

My idea: what if there were a 'coredumpctl lldb' command, which did the same thing as 'coredumpctl gdb', except...instead running LLDB.

Of course, this could be done with a new switch, but 'coredumpctl gdb --lldb' seems a little idiosyncratic...

--
Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura, ryo (supercell/EGOIST), Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else