09.05.2019 13:22, Ulrich Windl пишет:
> Hi!
>
> I had to subscribe to this list, even though I'm no systemd fan. Still I'll
> have to deal with it as the distribution we use switched to systemd...
>
> I'm porting my LSB code to systemd, and I'm having some trouble. Cause of the
> trouble (and possible reason for systemd's unpopularity) seems to be rather
> arbitrary restrictions without reasoning (which is completely against the GNU
> spirit of seeking for limitless software).
>
> To be concrete: Why isn't it allowed to use an absolute path for
> RuntimeDirectory,

Wild guess - RuntimeDirectory is about security and permitting arbitrary
path here rather contradicts this goal.

> and wy isn't even a relative path allowed? In my case I have a multi-instance
> daemon, where the instances can be zero to many. To avoid namespace
> conflicts, I created a /var/run/<my_pkg> directroy

systemd does it for you.

> where all the instances put their stuff (in separate directories each)
>
> Trying "RuntimeDirectory=<my_pkg>/%i" inside <my_pkg>@.service isn't
> "accepted". Still the instances start, can be checked and stopped, but there
> is a message when stopped saying
> systemd[1]: [/usr/lib/systemd/system/<my_pkg>@.service:12] Runtime directory
> is not valid, ignoring assignment: <my_pkg>/%i

This works here; use of multilevel paths is even documented; granted,
ability to use specifiers is not that obvious from manual page.

> As "mkdir -p" exists for at least 25 years, I wonder what this is all about.

I tentatively suspect that being less aggressive may actually help ...