>>> Shravan Singh <shra...@bluesparq.com> schrieb am 08.09.2020 um 15:31 in
Nachricht
<cabjzrpqwompc02m2zvzrjy6ojvgbr2qjmtyhfz1etbeysu_...@mail.gmail.com>:
> No one is answering a simple question. Why we have to guard timezone so
> much?.
> Why can't I change it? What happens if I change it on a read-only rootfs? I
> am breaking the whole systemd by doing this?
>
> In fact most of the people in this group are suggesting a work-around to me
>
> "I wonder: If you have a working pull request, why don't you use that code
> and be happy with it? That's how free software works.
> Still everybody interested can apply you patch."
>
> Yes, it works. My question is why is not getting included so that everyone
> can benefit from it. That is how a free software community should work.

I think the poroble is: You think your patch is great and everybody wants that.
However you are not everybody, and so you have to let others decide whether
they like the feature or not. Many times dome developers thing a feature is
great, but it actually fails. Just think of the user interface of Windows 8...

> In this day and age of mobile computing it is really shocking to see. That
> timezone is not regarded as something that can be dynamically changed.

You are mixing things: With your android phone you can change timezones, but
you have created a special setup where anothe rspecial patch is needed. A bit
like first shooting your own foot and then calling for a doctor, wondering why
not everybody is needing a doctor...

This is just my opinion, not everybodys. ;-)

Regards,
Ulrich