On 02/06/2021 07:37, Mantas Mikulėnas wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2021, 08:04 Greg KH <gre...@linuxfoundation.org
> <mailto:gre...@linuxfoundation.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 09:38:37PM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
>     > Am Di., 1. Juni 2021 um 20:44 Uhr schrieb Greg KH
>     <gre...@linuxfoundation.org <mailto:gre...@linuxfoundation.org>>:
>     > > Works for me!  Make sure you are not trying to connect to 'https'.
>     >
>     > No https? Why?
>
>     Because why would serving up text files about this topic requires https?
>

> Because browsers are starting to default to "https:" if not specified
> otherwise, and visitors now have to scratch heads and jump through hoops
> to access those text files. If you don't do HTTPS, at least shut off the
> HTTPS listener completely or make it redirect to the HTTP version,
> instead of just leaving visitors stare at a 503 page that's pretty much
> indistinguishable from "the CGI backend gave up five reboots ago".

There is no response from https://www.linux-usb.org/

The 503 error was something transient I encountered when I wrote the
other message, now everything seems fine (from the response times
observed "by eye" yesterday and today, I think the issue was that the
server was somehow overloaded).

Cheers,
Dan