On Mo, 13.09.21 09:29, Ryan McClue (re.mcc...@protonmail.com) wrote:

> Currently, I'm listening to NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT messages with the
> following code:

Don't. Use the sd-device API from C. Or the old libudev API.

Listening to uevents directly means you either only get the kernel's
own data (i.e. no udev props added by userspace), or you'll have to
reimplement the extended packet format udev uses when propagating the
messages. But the latter is not really considered stable (i mean,
effectively it is, we haven't changed it in years, but it's still
undocumented, and we keep the liberty to change it if we must).

Lennart Poettering, Berlin