Kurt Bray wrote:
> >I would change the format of the three
> >horizontal events to weed out competitors after every round, adding
> >excitement.  And the pole vault would definitely have to have some format
> >changes to keep it manageable.  At first, the whole thing would be men
only
> >(another feature of nearly every "pro" sport).
>
> First no 800 and now no women?  Are you trying to get rid of all the fun
> things to watch at once?
Well said.  The women are an asset that should be played up to the hilt.
The media and USATF have
really dropped the ball on this.  They need to glam up this sport if they
want to get
better fan interest.  All of the die-hard traditionalists can complain but
many of the women
are far more interesting to watch than the men.

bob