The widely recognized five stages of dealing with an illness:

1. Denial
2. Anger
3. Fear
4. Grief
5. Acceptance

It's taken track & field what- three or four DECADES to get where we are today?  Some
might say the sport still bounces between stages 2 and 4.  And individual athletes,
when confronted with a positive, almost always start right back with stage 1.

Why should baseball be any different?  Why should we expect them to jump through all
five stages overnight?
To COLLECTIVELY progress through the stages (with some individuals still dragging)
could take them decades as well.

Patient persistance- constantly holding them accountable- is the only way to keep them
on the right path, and the journey is a VERY long one.

Randy