In a message dated 8/9/01 21:02:11, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<All I have is the "agate" on the IAAF/Edmonton web
site-
42 women started the 20K Walk, and FIFTEEN OF THEM
got disqualified!!!

Is that a new record or something?  More than a
third of the field.>>

i make no claims to being a walk aficionado, but in the limited amount of
time alloted to me to introduce the leading characters before they left the
stadium, I think I menitoned 9 people and 7 of them got DQed. It wasn't just
that a lot of people got nicked, it was that a high percentage of them were
legit medal contenders.

gh