In a message dated 8/24/2001 7:31:55 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Big fish in a fairly small pond.  Even in the US distance Golden Age,
holding a bunch of US NRs is admirable, but not that big a deal in the
overall picture.  It's kind of like holding all the basketball national
scoring and rebounding records in Canada.

Kurt Bray >>

Kurt ... you are usually right on ... but not this time.  Setting NRs (close
to WRs) in events ranging from 5:00 to 28:00 is an amazing feat physically.