You guys also have to remember that the majority of American's don't start
running until their freshman year of high school.  I was 15 in October of my
freshman year... meaning I had run for a year by the time I was 16.  When,
lets say a Kenyan runs 13:low at, say 19, he may have been running for 10
years already.  That's like one of our guys running 13:low at 25.  There are
so many factors that go into this.  75% are probably not really juniors.  Of
the 25% that are left, probably 95% have the equivalent running experience
of a 25 year old American.  On top of all this, don't forget that running at
such a young age while you are still growing may affect the body in a more
beneficial way than starting at 14 or 15.