Our state coaches' association spoke a few years ago of limit changes and we
were presented with a sample of what some states have in effect. If I
remember, they ranged from one open, one relay (Mass?) to any 10
(Arkansas?).
This was about 6 years ago. I assume that if that was true, it was for the
purpose of decathlon scoring?
As for national rules (someone else's message here), there are still several
states that run non-standard events (eg VT running 3k/1500m) and even
additional events (Maine racewalk).
Jorma