2009/12/14 Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org>:
> Hi,
>
> Peteris Krisjanis wrote:
>> By the way, isn't this moment where we should talk how to do seperate
>> maps/layers for osm.org and how to deal with different kind of maps in
>> general? It is clear that road and traffic map won't have all shops
>> rendered (that would be serious overload of information), etc. Yes, we
>> have already examples with public transport and cycling, but shouldn't
>> something be done with concept itself, for people who wants to use
>> openstreetmap.org?
>
> No. openstreetmap.org is not intended to become "the better Google
> Maps". openstreetmap.org is a showcase for what you can do with our
> data. It cannot, and will not, host every map that someone could
> possibly want made from our data.
>
> Our data is there for the taking - you want OpenShopMap, create OpenShopMap.

And I am clearly ok with that. I just asking then - what we do render
and what not in default OpenStreetMap.org map? It is just demo piece
or maybe we can render it as general traffic map (as it is now, but I
have lot of suggestions)? I simply haven't seen any clear
clarification on this.

Cheers,
Peter.