>> That's what I want to say to _you_. Tag what you can actually see. And
>> where I live, that usually does not include municipial regulations.
>> Whether a path is meant for cyclists or just for pedestrians, is
>> something I decide from the path and what's around it,
> See Andre? This is where your flaw is. /You /shouldn't decide because
> you don't /know.
> /You're being assumptive.

In other words, whenever I see a path somewhere, I should say nothing
about who it is for? Just let the user of the map or the builder of
the mapping software decide? That may be pure, it is not practical.

>>   not from a
>> daily rush to the city hall to spit through meters of official
>> documents. If it's two meters wide, and the curves are rounded rather
>> than sharp, I call it a cycleway.
> Why can't a cycleway have 'sharps'? (by that I assume you mean large
> radius bends)

It can, but it still is an indication. There are gradations in that
too - if the path is broad, it may definitely be the case. On the
other hand, if a 30 cm wide pavement that bends around the corner of a
house, any way of steering through that on a bicycle will probably get
you off the path, so if it looks like that, the path obviously was not
created with bicycle usage in mind.

--
André Engels, andreeng...@gmail.com