On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 4:25 PM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Erik Johansson wrote:
>> 1. I use addr:housenumbers, just to get numbers on the map. Even
>> though I don't follow the spec.
>
> Then why don't you use "place=locality, name=45-29" if that's all you want.

Thanks, that's a good idea (if it works), though I would probably use
addr:entrancenumbers=45-29 as well. This is a useful tag for me, I'm
only tagging the corners since I can't know where the street ends, I
can only tell you what is here on this corner.

It's the "likeness" and tag transform problem again, there is no
standard way to transform/decompose my tags into standard tags.

>> Does anyone have any improvements to make this scheme better?
>
> Yes, use the same scheme that everyone else uses as well ;-) your scheme
> makes it really hard for a geocoder to find a house number. It is a nice
> addition for people looking at the map, but you are misusing an existing
> tag just to make something render, and that's not good.

I don't care about geocoders, I will fix it but I'm not that keen on
getting geocoders to work. Since that's not very usefull for me.

--
/emj