On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Alan Mintz
<alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> At 2009-12-21 11:01, Roy Wallace wrote:
>>... If you don't know where the other end of the
>>street is, you can't use an addr:interpolation way, so it seems to me
>>that you are just tagging a sign.
>>
>>Is there already a tagging scheme for this? If not, propose one - but
>>(as others have said) don't use existing tags in a way they are not
>>intended for. (btw, please don't follow up with "but I want it
>>rendered..." :P)
>
> I've been "tagging the sign" from survey photos, with address nodes to
> which I add the tag pseudo=yes. When you get info for adjoining
> intersections, they could be used to construct a true picture of the range
> of possible addresses.

Shouldn't that be psuedo_position=yes, or some thing describing that
you don't know the accuracy of the node you have entered? Because you
seem tag just one  "housenumber" and I do intervals, so it's possible
to accept your numbers since they are just low resolutions.

Here is one of your nodes:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/587389651

> This area shows the results of a survey of both pseudo-addresses (from
> street signs) and actual ones (from mailboxes): http://osm.org/go/TaBihQXG4-
>
> (Yes, I need to discuss/document this. I suppose this is the "discuss" part
> :) )

I'm inclined to mark the position as inaccurate and some tag to be
able to put an interval there as well.. The current scheme with
drawing a way to interpolate is too much work and cumbersome, for me
anyways.

And for Roy Wallace:  I'm not too keen on way interpolation, that's
one of the issues.
--
/emj