On 1/31/10 10:51 AM, Anthony wrote:
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 8:46 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com <mailto:deltafoxtrot...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Again, are we trying to make a map look photo realistic?

    To me a map is a set of abstract ideas that express information about
    reality that can't be seen from photo imagery. Mapping road widths can
    be done by estimate based on a number of factors that are both vector
    and meta information, I fail to see how presenting an area will
    actually present any more information to a person. If they want such
    information and if there is aerial imagery they can just switch tile
    sets.

in the case of the race track example, using a way as a centerline and including
width= tags should encompass what's needed. i can represent escape roads,
optional chicanes, pit roads, access & paddock roads, etc., quite well with those
tools.

richard