2010/4/5 Peteris Krisjanis <pec...@gmail.com>

> I think place=single_settlement would be just fine, as there are many
> different names for it in different countries (so generic common name
> for it would be very ok).

yes, in German alone we have at least 4 words (1 generic and several
specific according to what type of settlement it is).

If we extend the topic of this post to place in general: I think we could
also have another place-tag on the other end: for relatively big cities.
This could be
place=metropolis

In Europe this will be cities over 1 Million inhabitants, in Asia, America
or Africa it might be necessary to raise this number.

cheers,
Martin