On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Roy Wallace <waldo000...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I propose to add the following to the Parking wiki page, in the table
> of the "Tags" section, as follows:
> (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Parking)
>
> Column "Key": access
> Column "Value": public/customer/private
> Column "Element": [node or area]
> Column "Comment": Specify the intended users of the parking lot.
> access=public if intended for the general public, access=customer if
> intended only for those who are visiting nearby shops/amenities, or
> access=private if access is more restrictive than access=customer
> (e.g. for staff only, or requiring specific permission).

Sorry, let me try that definition one more time:

"Specify the intended users of the parking lot. access=public if
parking is available for general public use; access=customer if
parking is only for those who are visiting nearby shops/amenities;
access=private if access is otherwise restricted (e.g. for staff only,
or requiring specific permission, etc.). Only use access=customer or
access=private if this restriction is signed or otherwise enforced."

The final sentence is to make the tag verifiable. Thoughts?