2010/6/27 Andre Engels <andreeng...@gmail.com>:
> In my opinion, football being multi-interpretable, the name should not
> be used for either. sport=soccer is 100% clear,
> sport=american_football also is. sport=football can be different
> things, and therefore is to be avoided except if for whatever reason
> you know something is used for some kind of football, but you do not
> know which one.

+1. To all those who expressed there idea that soccer should be tagged
sport=football in this thread: please don't ignore the wiki,
applications and render rules. By looking at all of these it should
become obvious that soccer is the preferred tag (also by numbers where
soccer is used more than 10 times as often as football).

cheers,
Martin