Am 16.09.2010 21:21, schrieb André Riedel:
2010/9/16 Ulf Lamping<ulf.lamp...@googlemail.com>:
Am 16.09.2010 15:19, schrieb Jonas Stein:

Are there tags missing?
Any other issues?

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/rental

Yes, it's simply a bad idea.

E.g. a car rental station is very different from a ski rental station. It
looks quite different, it's used for a very different purpose,
amenity=car_rental is already well established, ...

A shop=car is also very different from a shop=ski or shop=supermarket
but it does exists in the same category shop.

Well, Sixt will very rarely sell you a car, but a ski rental station very often will also sell you ski if you like.

I'm not saying that the rental tag is generally a bad idea (I've recently added this to JOSM presets to indicate rental services for shop=motorcycle).

What I'm saying is that there are places that will exclusively rent you something, and other places that will rent you something but also sell it to you, repair your own stuff and alike.

So there are situations like amenity=car_rental where a standalone tag makes perfect sense, while in other situations the rental is only a minor part of the business. Putting this somehow all under a rental tag still seems a bad idea to me.

Not everything that can be grouped together also should be.

Regards, ULFL