On 20.09.2010 20:27, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
Hi,

I'm asking for comments to the "new" barrier types listed here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/New_barrier_types

If you miss something, please report here so that we can extend the
proposal. I somehow forgot about it, but want to close the process now
in some weeks time by voting, so that we can add the values to the
feature page.

There is also an addition for control devices (see subtags on the
page) to be part of the proposal. What do you think, are these
(RFID-reader, PIN-Code-Keypad, Key, etc.) better in barrier or in
access? Maybe access is worse because it is about legal restrictions.
I don't see for most of these additions where they relate to the barrier itself: barrier:video does not differ relevant from "normal" video surveillance - so I don't see the need for another tag. keys: well - okay, but that's from my POV only useful when standard keys (like Euro key for toilets for disabled people or the square shaped key for bollards often used at least in Germany) is used. These I would add more concrete to avoid different interpretations of "key" and to increase the use of the key. rfid: useful for other features as well, and I think, tagged as a barrier node the relation would be clear enough - or are there any use cases for a barrier where rfid would relate to another entity than the barrier itself? same for keypad, rfid, biometric and magnetic_stripe.

regards
Peter