2010/9/27 Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:05 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2010/9/27 David Paleino <da...@debian.org>:
>>> I'd say +1 to retail=food and food=cafe|restaurant|... though.
>>
>> -1, I wouldn't tag restaurants, cafes and others as retail.
> Why not? They're places where you buy things.

because not everyone to whom you give money to get something can be
considered a retailer. Wikipedia states:"In commerce, a "retailer"
buys goods or products in large quantities from manufacturers or
importers, either directly or through a wholesaler, and then sells
smaller quantities to the end-user. Retail establishments are often
called shops or stores. Retailers are at the end of the supply chain."

a restaurant produces the food (prepares it from raw or semi-worked
material). There might be edge cases but fundamentally that's the
difference.

cheers,
Martin