2012/1/17 Jo <winfi...@gmail.com>:
> For what it's worth. When I start rendering/printing maps based on OSM, I
> think it's extremely ugly if the landuse is not 'connected' to the roads,
> i.e. that the landuse uses separate parallel ways with a small space in
> between for its definition.
> I also prefer to create landuses as big as practically feasible, so
> obviously I tend to include the streets in them. Bordering on other landuses
> like railway and usually not including dual carriage highways. But if it
> doesn't include the highway, then I most certainly reuse its nodes in order
> to get a contiguous shape with no white between the landuse and the road.

Allow me to cringe a little on the inside :-)

Basically your use of the feature is saying that the left side of the
road is, for example, residential, and the right side is industrial.
Are we kidding?

Don't take offense, it's nothing personal here, just that I can't
understand the logic behind such decisions.

Best regards,

Simone