Am 10. März 2012 23:16 schrieb Johan Jönsson <joha...@goteborg.cc>:
> What do you think about a tag for different kind of places to bathe.
>
> Small recluse places along a river,
> Organized public places with piers and beaches
> Turkish bathes
> maybe even hot springs.
>
> I´m thinking about something along the lines of
> leisure=bath

Currently there is very few usage in different variations in amenity
and none in leisure:

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=amenity%3Dhamam  (4 times)
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=amenity%3Dturkish  (3 and 2
times with "-" and "_" )

there is very few keys with "bath" as well:
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=bath

(most of them =25 are bathing=no)

> What I am after is a place for the leisure activity of immersing the body in
> water, not the soap and water bath or the compettitive swimming.

+1 for distinguishing from swimming, but I wouldn't exclude "soap and water" ;-)

Searching the wiki I ran over this page in German:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE_talk:Schwimmbad
which seems to classify turkish baths (hamam) as kind of sauna:
Typ= finnish, bio, hamam, gay

it still isn't very helpful yet, because there is not really any
useful tag suggestions.

cheers,
Martin