On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Martin Vonwald <imagic....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why do I think that maxspeed=signals is a bad idea? Because it doesn't
> carry a lot of useful information. The speed limit is especially
> important to routing applications. For such an application
> maxspeed=signals is no information at all and it might fall back to
> the country-specific default limit - and this may (and will quite
> often) be wrong.

As far as I know, variable speed limits tend to be used in areas prone
to heavy congestion, so routing applications should probably assume
it's a slow road (at least during the daytime).

Information about typical speeds is what's probably really wanted for
routing, anyway, but that's harder to find and probably more prone to
change.

__John