On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Janko Mihelić <jan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you sure that the dotted overtake line allows you to make a u-turn?

Well, usually, a "no-u-turn" restriction is indicated at
intersections. The relation "restriction" in OSM is also desgined for
intersection nodes.
Here we have a road segment with a "solid line" which forbids
overtaking, u-turning or any kind of crossing the line for all
vehicles for the last 10..15 meters before the roundabout. Sometimes
it is symbolized with zebras instead of solid lines (a mean to widen
the line to an area).
The restriction applies on a road segment, not only at the
intersection node before the splitter island. That's why I think the
relation is not appropriate here. We have to indicate to routers where
the u-turn is forbiden on way itself but also on start/end nodes of
those ways (like here for the splitter island intersection node).

Pieren