The only reason why I am in favour of potable is that drinkable is not
quite the correct term in English as far am aware.
"drinkable" means, at least in common language "you can drink it, if you
really need".
The correct terms are
*"Drinking water* or *potable water* is
water<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water>safe enough to be consumed
by humans or used with low risk of immediate or
long term harm." (Wikipedia).
Of these two "drinking " is not used on its own as an adjective, but
"potable" is. Hence my -* slight *- preference for the term "potable"