On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 21:49 +0900, Andrew Errington wrote:
> I remember this happening, and it seemed like a Good Thing at the time,
> although I had only mapped one ford.
>
> It was suggested that highway=ford should be deprecated and replaced with
> ford=yes.
>
> So "ford" itself is not lost, it has moved from a value to become a key.
>
> I like this approach.  Do you think it's such a bad thing?
No, treating a ford in the same was as a bridge does seem like a good
thing providing it is not done before renderers and routers have caught
up.

Tagging ford=yes was not mentioned in the wiki page however.

I do feel that small groups holding private discussions on the wiki, and
then making decisions and changes based on the views of such a small
group, like some sort of QANGO is not good. Such discussions should be
public on the mailing lists.

Phil