Hi.

There were some contributions on the Talk page of power=cable but no
consensus so far.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:power%3Dcable

In my opinion I would choose tagging model consistency by deprecating
power=cable usage for describing underground power lines.
Please consider this side of the deal properly.

If the model is consistent, all mappers (young, old, common, expert,
etc...) would be able to understand what matters.
On the contrary, if we have many values distinguished by arbitrary
considerations then I think it won't work except for persons who set up
these considerations.

Even if contributors use wrong values, OSM tool chain is here to highlight
errors and tagging mailing list is here to help them.
That's why we must make a choice to update once a for all these tools.
Many persons use some tags just because they're part of editors' presets.
These presets should be updated with the current values.

Thanks to take time to think about it.

Regards.

--
*François Lacombe*