2013/6/5 Martin Koppenhöfer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>:
> yes, but you can easily see whether it is one tube with both directions
going through, or if there is one tube per direction (more usual case due
to security reasons). Then you still have to define what is one "tunnel",
maybe also 2 (or more) distinct tubes could qualify as one tunnel?

"Tunnels" can have even more complex topologies than only 1 or 2 tubes
going through, it depends on the purpose.
Regarding power lines, technical facilities can follow surface streets but
it's not mandatory. They can have different heights, different levels with
links between them, manhole access, etc... We still call them "tunnels"
here but there's really nothing common with road tunnels.

It's out of question to map such restricted access facilties with details,
but it's important to show if several features share the same
infrastructure or not even if it's difficult to represent whata tunnel is
in that particular situation.

> Yes, you could either use a relation for the bridge (with name, ref,
wikipedia and other tags, describing the bridge) and add the highways to
the relation with a role running over the bridge, or draw distinct geometry
for the bridge perimeter (and eventually geometry for the supports, pylons,
etc.). The latter could also be done additionally and added to the
relation). The same applies for tunnels besides that we often don't know
exactly the shape of the tunnel.

The problem is such features (like power lines or ways of a highway) are
always redundant with components of tunnels or bridges themselves.
We don't need to create dedicated geometry for an highway tunnel since the
geometry of the road gives the path followed by this tunnel. So we can
precise it in the "role" attribute of the tunnel/bridge relation member
which tube the road way represent. Since OSM doesn't manage relation member
attributes at all, it will be difficult.
=> A relation for each tube or gallery ?

François Lacombe

http://www.infos-reseaux.com