Am 14.11.2013 10:13, schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

Am 14/nov/2013 um 00:53 schrieb "Robert Whittaker (OSM lists)"
<robert.whittaker+...@gmail.com>:

I don't see why you can't tag the roads you're talking about
with bicycle=no (or maybe something like bicycle=restricted for the
cases where more significant use is allowed) and then add a second tag
along the lines of bicycle:restriction=DE:use_cycleway to capture the
fact that the legal exclusion of bikes is because of X country's
parallel cycleway rules.

You shouldn't do it, because it would be wrong. There is no legal exclusion of
bikes on the road, there is an obligation - under certain circumstances - to
use the cycleway, this is a difference and should not be tagged like an
exclusion of bikes on the road (e.g. like on a motorway)

@Martin:
Your reply is only valid for the first line of the citation.

@Robert:
The rest of the citation sounds better than the proposed "use_cycleway" - at least for me. But its just the "name", not the intention, which is the same for both. If there is a need for the additional tag of "country-specific" or if it may be as country-specific-implicit as other implications for highways already - I don't know.

Georg