2013/11/27 Manuel Hohmann <mhohm...@physnet.uni-hamburg.de>

> > I would go for the "established" "lamp_type" as this is in use and
> > has according values.
>
> AFAIK lamp_type is rather used as a sub-tag to highway=street_lamp and
> specifies the type of lantern (gaslight, electric...). Using this "on
> its own" in the form lamp_type=lantern would hopelessly mix up those
> different uses.

This was a misunderstanding, my suggestion was to use lamp_type for lamp
types (in reply to your suggested light:source I was pointing out that
there is a used tag) and light_type for the kind of device (lantern in this
example).  IMHO it would not be desirable to use different keys for the
same property according to the kind of device (i.e. a lantern and a
street_lamp should have the same subtag to map the lamp type / light
source).

cheers,
Martin