Hi!

2013/11/28 Egil Hjelmeland <pri...@egil-hjelmeland.no>

> I still do not think man_made=surveillance is perfect. But I do not have
> huge problems with it as long as it is documented.

If something is properly documented in OSM it is a near to perfection as it
will ever get ;-)

I also think that surveillance does make sense in this context.

> But if I kindly refer you to
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:man_made%3Dsurveillance , you will
> see that it talk about Big Brother, not about webcams. It does not even
> define how to link to a image on internet.

Have a look at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Key:Surveillance

man_made=surveillance
surveillance=webcam
contact:webcam=<url>

Seems fine to me.

> So when only a few hundred webcams displaying landscape are mapped in the
> world, I would say there is a real problem that people do not know how to
> map them.

Or that not a lot are interested in tagging them. Everyone has different
interests - I don't think I would ever map a webcam. But I do map fire
hydrants... sometimes ;-)

Best regards,
Martin